What You Need:
2 cups (tightly packed) fresh baby spinach leaves
2 large eggs
Salt (preferably sea salt)
Freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon butter
2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese
2 thin slices ham
whisk or fork
How to Do It:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of water in the skillet. Add the spinach leaves. Toss and cook until the leaves are wilted.
2. With the slotted spatula, remove the spinach and put it in a colander. Press out as much of the liquid in the spinach as possible, then chop finely.
3. Pour the spinach into a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and whisk. Season with salt and pepper.
4. In the skillet, melt the butter. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Stir with a spatula until the eggs just begin thickening (about half a minute). Continue cooking by using the spatula to push the edges of the omelet toward the center and tilting the pan so the uncooked egg can run underneath. Cook for about 20 to 30 seconds, or until the eggs are set.
5. Place the ham and cheese on top of the omelet. Fold the omelet in half with the spatula and serve immediately.