Systematic Pesticides Don't Wash Off

This is one of the most disheartening things I've read in a while. Not only is it true that organic produce isn't necessarily organic at all, but now I learn that commercial produce may contain systematic pesticides - that is, chemicals that are absorbed into the plant and can't be washed off or peeled away. And according to Mother Earth News, some of these pesticides are applied until the day they are picked, making it more likely for you are eating the pesticides, too.

There are no tests proving these pesticides are bad for humans (although they are linked to the death of bees) - but seriously, do you really want to eat "healthy" foods laced with chemicals of any kind? Now let's see...how can I expand my garden?
Link

1 comment

  1. I hate having that thought in my mind. A friend and I were talking a while back about no matter how much you wash your apples the sticky never seems to go away. Ick. Makes you wonder if eating an apple is any better for your health than eating a double cheeseburger! Lately I'm choosing death with pesticide laden fruits, though. Decisions, decisions. LOL

    ReplyDelete