|"The Dream" is one of Picasso's most famous paintings.|
Pablo Picasso: b.October 25, 1881 in Málaga, Spain (find it on the globe) d.April 8, 1973 in Mougins, France (find it on the globe)
Style: Cubism (learn more about cubism here)
See some of Picasso's most famous paintings here.
Be sure to give your child plenty of time to study each work of art. Ask: How is Picasso's work like other artists you've studied? How is it different? How do you feel looking at Picasso's work? What shapes and colors do you often see in his work? Do brushstrokes play a significant role in his paintings? Why do you think Picasso painted this way? Be sure to check out some of Picasso's early work, which was painted in a realistic style.
* Biography of Picasso
* Longer biography of Picasso
* "Fun Facts about Pablo Picasso"
* Illustrated, brief bio of Picasso
* Coloring page: "Three Musicians"
* Coloring page: "Child with Dove"
* Coloring page: "Girl in Front of Mirror"
* Coloring page: "Girl on a Pillow"
* Coloring page: "Portrait of Jacqueline Roque"
* Coloring page: "The Dream"
* Activity: Understanding cubism and making a cubist portrait
* Activity: Picasso-inspired portraits
* Activity: Picassohead, an online activity
* Activity: 3-D Picasso-inspired toy
* Activity: Picasso-inspired collage
* Video: Grow and Know: Picasso
* Video: Miss Patty's Art Smart: Picasso
Learn more about this free art history curriculum for kids, plus a list of all artists covered so far, by clicking here.