Cheap, Easy, Effective Stain Removal

Last month, my daughter accidentally dripped the filling of a bean burrito onto her favorite sweater. I washed it almost immediately, but the stain didn't come out. So I used my long-time stain removal method (soaking it in Oxiclean overnight), but it didn't come out. I re-soaked it overnight...still nothing. Then I tried spraying it with stain remover spray and let it sit overnight again. But the stain just wouldn't go away.


I was afraid we were going to have to throw out the sweater - but then I happened upon this article on Pinterest. It claimed that Fels-Naptha, a soap commonly used in homemade laundry detergent, was something of a miracle stain remover. Since I can buy Fels-Naptha for .97 cents at Walmart, I decided to give it a try.

It worked! The procedure was very simple and quick - and now I have a new, much cheaper stain removal method!

How to Remove Stains with Fels-Naptha:

1. Lay the stained fabric on a flat surface that won't be damaged by water. Fels-Naptha can be used on any fabric you can wash at home. To be extra safe, it's a good idea to test it in an inconspicuous spot on the garment.

2. Dampen the stain with water.

3. Rub the bar of Fels-Naptha onto the stain.



4. Rinse. If the stain is gone, launder as usual. If not, repeat step 3 and 4. Viola! The stain is gone!




No comments