|One of O'Keeffe's famous paintings is "Oriental Poppies."|
Style: American modernism
See some of O'Keeffe's most famous paintings.
Be sure to give your child plenty of time to study each work of art. Ask: What were some of O'Keeffe's favorite things to paint? She is best known for her paintings of flowers, but what else did she paint? How is O'Keeffe's work similar to other artists we've studied? How is her work different? How did O'Keeffe use color? Shapes? Shading? Did she like to see things upclose or from far away?
* Biography of O'Keeffe
* Fun Facts about O'Keeffe
* National Gallery of Art's .PDF on Georgia O'Keeffe
* Coloring pages of miscellaneous O'Keeffe paintings (more here)
* Coloring page: "Lawrence Tree"
* Video: "My Name is Georgia" (picture book read aloud)
* Activity: Flowers in the style of O'Keeffe (see also)
* Activity: Use color like O'Keeffe
* Activity: 3D Poppies inspired by O'Keeffe
* Activity: Use a viewfinder to create an O'Keeffe inspired piece of artwork
* Activity: How to draw a Calla Lily
* More tips for creating O'Keeffe inspired art
Learn more about this free art history curriculum for kids, plus a list of all artists covered so far, by clicking here.