Weekend Links

* Thinking about raising chickens for meat? Here's a helpful read for deciding between two of the most popular meat breeds.

* Kraft Mac and Cheese is loosing food dyes and preservatives.

* A major scientific study finds no link between MMR vaccine and autism.

* I see a lot of ladies online complaining about their laundry pile. Here are the tips I use to keep our laundry easily under control.

* FREE Redbox rental, good through 4/26.

* Want to save a minimum of $300 a year? Cut your husband and son's hair! Trust me; you can do this! I have no skills in hair cutting, but I've been using this exact hair cutting set for at least 10 years...and it makes the job easy!

* My 9 year old has struggled with learning "skip counting" (i.e., times tables). We'd tried songs to help with memorization, but they didn't work. Then we started using the songs on Access to the Answer's CD. Now she breezes through her multiplication! I think the secret is that she already knows the songs (such as "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"), so she can just focus on learning the new "lyrics" (i.e. multiplication). Sadly, this CD isn't easy to find, but you can order it directly from the lady who makes them. I highly recommend this CD! 
 
* Wow! Without my noticing, I passed the 1,000 mark for blog posts at Proverbs 31 Woman! As of today, there are 1,004 posts! I should throw a party :)

* Lookee at what I've been working on! With even MORE recipes than in the last edition... (It's not for sale yet; coming soon, though.)





1 comment

  1. I'll be checking into that CD. I still can't breeze through my multiplication facts, and I'm 36! Lol Congrats on surpassing 1,000! :)

    ReplyDelete