|"Apples and Oranges" is one of Cezanne's most famous paintings.|
See some of Cezanne's most famous paintings.
Be sure to give your child plenty of time to study each work of art. Ask: How are Cezanne's paintings different from other artists we've studied? How are they similar? What colors did Cezanne like to use? How did he use light and shape in his art? How do his paintings make you feel? Cezanne is well known for his paintings of objects, which are called "still life" art. Why do you think artists want to paint everyday objects? Read more about still life art here.
* Biography of Paul Cezanne
* Another Cezanne biography
* Coloring page: Still Life with Apples
* Coloring page: Ginger Jar
* Coloring page: Still Life with Curtain and Flowers
* Coloring page: The Blue Vase
* "Cezanne's Astonishing Apples" - a presentation by the Metropolitan Museum of Art
* Video: "Still Life with Apples and Peaches"
* Video: How to Paint a Pear
* Activity: Create a still life
* Activity: Apple still life
* Activity: Painted Pears
* Activity: Drawing still lifes
Learn more about this free art history curriculum for kids, plus a list of all artists covered so far, by clicking here.