Weekend Links

* Do you know how my hubby and I met? Online. Before it was cool. Learn more about our meeting in this .pdf of an article I wrote for Today's Christian Woman several years ago.

* This is a book every mom should read. Excellent!

* Check this out. If you aren't willing to follow approved canning methods and use recipes from a reputable source, PLEASE don't home can! (And nope, botulism is something that can be detected by smell or sight.)

* I learned this lesson when we ate our own backyard-raised hens. They taste so much better than store bought! Here's why.

* QUICK TIP: Have dark colored, new clothes that might leak dye onto other clothes you're washing? Wash them alone and add about a half cup of white vinegar. It will set the dye.

* I've been spending a bit of time updating my website. If you're curious, check it out and learn about my books and my copywriting and editing services.


1 comment

  1. How fun to read about how you met your hubby! :) I met mine on a blind date. He was new to the area. We got married less than 5 months later, and my parents were so worried my nice guy would turn into a serial killer. LOL Looking back, it was definitely crazy. After nearly 16 years of marriage, though, I can say it was definitely God. I can't get the book link to work for me at all. Not sure why.
    Can you imagine being the person whose food killed someone at the church potluck???? Oh me! How awful!

    ReplyDelete