Weekend Links

In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page. (My apologies for not posting Weekend Links last weekend; I busy visiting with my Dad, who lives out of state.)


* Do you have an anger problem when it comes to your kids? This looks like a great resource - and it's free (once you provide your email address).

* Why "I Can't Afford It" may be the best thing for your kids to hear.

* Why boredom is good for kids.

* Should we force our kids to share?

* For a limited time, in honor of Elizabeth Elliott's passing, you and your kids can watch this Torchlighter's movie for free. (I highly recommend the entire Torchlighter's series! Read my review here.)

* Just one of several studies that shows BPA-free plastic is worse for us than plastic with BPA in it.

* I know many of you are sending your kids off to college, so I think this is of interest: The University of California (among other Universities, I've been told) is banning certain words and phrases, including "land of opportunity" and "melting pot." Two thoughts: Schools are supposed to be places where kids are taught HOW to think, not WHAT to think; they should be about expanding minds, not closing them off. And once you start banning words and phrases, you know what comes next? Banning books. Because you can't expose people to books that contain those "offensive" phrases.

* I made apple spice pork chops last week. It was DElish! (Don't be put off by the combo of pork, apples, and onions; trust me, it's tasty.)

* 7 Reasons You Need to Eat More Eggs.

* Ever wonder why backyard chicken eggs have such orange yolks? Fresh Eggs Daily explains.

* Famous Viking drink might be the answer to antibiotic resistance. Hint: It contains raw honey.

* Now that China can sell us food, our government decides it's a good time to make a law saying consumers don't need to know what country their food comes from.

* Our rivers and lakes are full of artificial sweeteners, scientists say.

* I just finished this novel last weekend, and it is EXCELLENT. I rarely give books 5 stars, but I did this one. If you love Gothic novels like Jane Eyre, or you like stories of intrigue, I think you'll love this novel by Sandra Byrd (who is one of my very favorite Christian authors).


No comments