Weekend Links

In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page.


* My pie cookbook Easy as Pie is FREE for several days. Grab it while you can! (And if you like it, please consider leaving a review; reviews make a huge difference!)

* An MD just told my husband he shouldn't eat eggs, due to the cholesterol in them. He also told him to add margarine to his diet. Um, yeah, my hubby needs a new doctor. (But the fact is, MDs have no real training in what makes a healthy diet, and are one of the worst places to get good information about healthy eating.) Anyway, here's a good article on why eggs really are good for you. (Oh, and backyard, free range eggs are even better for you than store bought.)

* My friend Tanya is in the middle of raising a tween girl. My daughter is 10, and already beginning to act like a teen, so I'm lovin' Tanya's list of helpful tween girl resources!

* Have you considered sending a Thanksgiving or Christmas care package to a solider

* I don't have a smart phone, so I can't test this out, but this mobile app that allows you to scan product codes and find out if they have GMO ingredients looks handy.

* World's largest spice company will be organic (and GMO-free) by 2016!

* Lots of people think vegetable oil is healthy. It's not! It's highly processed, usually has GMO ingredients, and clogs up your liver. And now a study shows it may cause cancer.

* If you feel chronically fatigued, have fibromyalgia, thyroid issues or similar medical problems, this is a MUST read.

* Make cranberry sauce from scratch - without a recipe.



No comments