I'm Still Here...

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post much lately. To say I am several feet over my head in this whole "get the house ready to sell" thing is to de-emphasize how I feel. The happy news is, my in-laws graciously took both my kiddos for an extended visit. It's amazing how much more time I now I have to put into the house...and they are having a blast playing with their cousins.

Anyway, I just keep plugging away. I'm utterly exhausted, but I just keep thinking, "Do the next thing." And then I do it. I'd hoped to have the interior done by the end of this month, and while I think we'll be close, I'm not quite sure we'll make it. Sigh. But all parts of the house that require carpeting are painted - and the carpet guys are coming Monday. Whew! I have the kitchen area and main bath left to do.

I wish I had some wise comments to offer you, or something witty - or at least mildly amusing - to type, but frankly, my brain is too fried to even attempt that. So I'll just share a few photos of our chaos instead.
I'm still packing. Obviously, the guitar needs to stay out, even though I can hardly play it.
Chaos in the living room. But I still love all the natural light in this house.
Today, I'm painting the eating area. I still need to find some small boxes to put our homeschool books into so I can take them to our tiny house motor home.

The master bedroom is huge...this is just a portion of it. Took me 2 1/2 hours just to give the walls 1 coat of paint!

That's all for today. Pray for my stamina and sanity, will you?

1 comment

  1. I feel your pain! Moving from our home of 11 years was a HUGE task and very time consuming, and all we had to do was pack and move! We sold ours as-is and didn't do any work on it. I agree that you can get way more done when the kids aren't around. I love homeschooling mine, but I definitely see why some people enjoy having theirs gone for 8 hours a day in school. LOL

    ReplyDelete