Weekend Links

In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page

UPDATE ON OUR MOVE: I may be posting a bit less in the coming weeks - because we are getting close to having our house ready to go on the real estate market. I feel like it may kill me, but I am working super duper extra super duper hard to get this thing DONE. I'm hoping we can have the interior of the house finished by the end of the month. Then we are praying for rain-less days so we can paint the exterior, which badly needs it. We are still sort of debating whether to move into our tiny house motor home when we put the house on the market, or whether we'll wait till the house is actually sold. Moving before the house sells would make it so much easier to show. (My family is messy, people.) On the other hand, I'm dreading trying to get sleep in the motor coach. (I have one child who keeps everyone up, and then I'm thinking hubby will wake us all up when he gets up for work in the mornings...)  So we shall see.

A few pics:
I had a picture hanging here for 15 years. Can you tell??
Move the piano 15 years later and you'll discover what our carpet used to look like pre-kids.

Living room...getting ready to paint.


* This is the marriage article I had in my mind, but hadn't put on paper yet. EVERY married couple should read it, methinks.

* Why students leave their faith after graduation.

* Why upping your daily cleaning routine could save you time for other things, in the long run.

* Looking to reduce your grocery bill? This is THE book you need to read!

 * You can cut the suckers off your tomato plants to get many more plants for free. 

* New superbug linked to imported meat.

* How to make herbal salves.

* So many stories about the FDA and herbal medicine. Here are just two: Herbalist tries to conform to FDA regulations and FDA wants to jail Amish salve maker.

* I, too, was highly skeptical about homeopathy. In fact, if I'd understood this would be the main course of treatment my naturopath was going to recommend, I never would have stepped into her office. I was desperate, though. No conventional doctor could do anything for me. So I started a constitutional homeopathic remedy. And it's working! The healing is slow (probably because I've been sick for so many years), but I am healing. All I can says is this: Just because we don't understand how it works doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Oldies but Goodies:

* Easiest Fruits & Vegetables to Grow
* How Much Money Can You Save Gardening and Homesteading?
* What Groceries to Buy When You're Broke
* Why Homemaking Matters
* Making a Mama Chore Chart



No comments