Weekend Links

In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page. .

UPDATE on our move: Well...I started prepping the exterior of the house, but people, I am just so. darn. tired. Like, falling off the ladder tired. (I didn't fall far, and I didn't get hurt, but I did fall often.) So we decided to hire a painter. What a relief! I'm so glad I didn't have to do all this scraping and priming; the painter practically primed the whole house! This leaves me free to do fun stuff like scrub the kitchen cabinets. And, I hope, within the next weeks we'll have our house on the market!


* The term "starter home" has always bothered me. Here's an article that articulates why.


* 50 foot re-creation of Temple of Baal's arch to go up in New York, London. Sounds crazy, no? But it's true.

* Pesticide linked to Alzheimer's. 

* Round Up is found in most wines, and:  "Wine growers of conventional farms report that their family businesses use to be able to harvest from their vines for 100 years. Today, with chemical farming, vines are lasting 10-12 years."

* Purslane is a common weed that's good to eat! 

* Popular moisturizers linked to cancer.

* Remember when scientists showed that GMOs caused tumors in rats? Then remember how the peer-reviewed publication the study appeared in told us all it was a lie? Then remember how those original scientists had their findings published in OTHER peer-reviewed science papers? Now those scientists have won TWO lawsuits that show it was not their work that was false at all.

* Why you should always wash new clothes before wearing them. (Ew!)

* Cute, free road numbers, for teaching preschoolers to write.

* Freeze your child's credit to prevent identity theft.

Oldies But Goodies:

* Teach Your Child His or Her Important Role in Your Household
* How Many Vegetables Should You Plant in Order to Feed Your Family?
* Getting chicks this year? Read this first! 
* Making Dandelion Jelly 
* How to Teach Children to Pray


No comments