I'm back...!

We've had quite a couple of weeks. First, we moved and got  somewhat situated in our motor coach. Then the kids and I traveled out of state. We were supposed to be having a fun visit with my dad and his sisters, but before we hopped onto the plane, Dad was admitted into the ICU.

Turns out, a steroid his doctor prescribed to help clear up his lungs so he could breathe without oxygen was not only making his blood sugar sky high (so high, they couldn't even measure it accurately), but it was dropping his blood pressure dangerously low. Being a stubborn Missouri native, Dad resisted going to the hospital. No way did he want to be in the ER just when all the people he loves were finally gathering in the same place. Thankfully, he had a regular doctor's appointment, and his doctor sent him immediately to the hospital. If he hadn't gone, I would now be typing about his passing.

So, we spent the trip visiting him in the ICU. I was thankful to be there, and thankful to get re-acquainted with my sweet aunts, whom I hadn't seen in something like 17 years.

Unfortunately, the doctors say that as long as Dad's blood pressure won't stay up, he must remain in the ICU. And they still don't know exactly why his lungs are in such bad shape; no test they've done comes back positive.

Please pray for my Dad - for his health, for his sanity (oh, how he hates being in the hospital!), and for his spirit, since he is not saved by Christ. Thank you, friends.

Over the next few days, the kids and I are going to recuperate, and then I plan to get back to regular blogging next week. Thank you for your patience :)



1 comment

  1. Wow, what an upsetting turn of events for your visit! My mom is that way about going to the doctor or hospital. I pray they find out what is going on with your dad's health!

    ReplyDelete