Weekend Links


The view from my kitchen table. I like it here. :)
In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page.


"Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy."
Ez. 16:49


* Bar-S chicken and pork products recalled due to possible Listeria contamination.

* Mozzarella cheese sticks recalled because they contain undeclared eggs.

* Seven brands of beans recalled due to foreign object found in at least one can in the batch.

* Did you know that using dried beans is WAY less expensive? And it's easy to prep and freeze or can beans so they are just as easy to use as the stuff you buy in cans at the store?

* Did you know there is a completely FREE resource for safe, tested canning recipes? It's The National Center for Home Food Preservation. They have freezing instructions, too.

* I've been canning a lot of plums lately, using my mom-in-law's kitchen and supplies. (My canning things are all still in the shipping container somewhere!) The other day, my dad-in-law handed me a an apple corer just like this one. It worked perfectly to pit these plums. What a time saver!


Oldies But Goodies:

* How to Homestead with Children
* How to Make a Child Safety Kit 
* Got a preschooler or kindergartner? Check out my very popular Letter of the Week posts!

No comments