In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page.
"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies and your right hand delivers me."
* What a week! Last Sunday, we were in the ER because my son had a severe case of hives due to a food allergy. (He's just fine now.) Thursday, my doctor called and said I have diabetes...in fact, I'm right on the level where medical guidelines say I need insulin. (My doc is trying non-insulin pills on me first; in about a week he'll do another test to see how I'm faring.) Then yesterday, my hubby spent the afternoon in surgery. Last weekend, he was weed whacking a trail on our property and accidentally hit a metal post with the whacker. A piece broke off the post and hit him in the throat. He bled like crazy, but wouldn't go to the doctor. Yesterday, he decided he'd better see a doc, because he could feel a weird bump on his throat. Turned out, he not only had a piece of metal in him, but it was all the way back at the base of his tongue. The doctor said if it had been just a little bit one way or the other, it would have killed him. The surgery was two hours (lots of prodding around, trying to find the metal) and now hubby is in a lot of pain. God definitely preserved his life, but if you think of it, will you pray for his healing and pain reduction?
* Recall of Publix Pancake and Waffles mixes, due to Salmonella.
* Recall of Phil-Am Smoked Mackerel due to possible botulism.
* Recall of Apple Tree Goat Cheese due to possible listeria.
* Recall of 2 million pounds of chicken.
* Excessive folate and B12 during pregnancy linked to Autism.
Oldies But Goodies:
* Christmas Tradition: A Birthday Cake for Jesus
* Tricks for Mailing Christmas Cookies
* 20 Ways to Save Money this Christmas