Crazy Easy No Sugar Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites

Here's a recipe I think everyone can agree is healthier than that certain famous peanut butter candy - and delicious, too. There are tons of copycat recipes for that famous brand, and even many no-sugar and keto-friendly adaptations. But I wanted to make something simple. I wanted to make something without any added sweetener. And I wanted a treat - a fat bomb - that would satisfy me. Here's what I whipped together. And now my only problem is they are so yummy, I'm tempted to sit down and eat them all!

Those of you eating carby foods will, I hope, appreciate this as a good alternative to sugar-laden candy. Each piece is only about 9 calories. But those of you in the low carb or keto world will also enjoy this treat as a dose of fat that will keep you filled up and satisfied until your next meal. In fact, if you want to make this recipe even fattier, you can easily do so by simply adding more coconut oil.

Do we miss the sugar from that famous brand? Nope. Even my sugar loving kids beg for these babies.

And by the way, this recipe also proves you don't need to buy special fat bomb making molds. My sis-in-law actually recommended an ice cube tray, which most of us still have laying around somewhere or can buy for a buck at Walmart. It works perfectly for this recipe.




https://sites.google.com/site/proverbs31womanprintables/crazy-easy-chocolate-peanut-butter-fat-bombsCrazy Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs

Note: I used Lilly's dark chocolate chips, which are lightly sweetened with Stevia. You could also use a chopped up Lilly's chocolate bar, or any other no sugar, low carb candy bar you prefer. Many health food stores carry Lilly's; if not, Vitacost has the best online price I've seen. And hey, place your first order with them, though this link, and you'll get $5 off your order!)





6 oz. Lilly's dark chocolate chips
2 teaspoons coconut oil
Natural, no sugar added peanut butter (I used Adam's; you could also use other no sugar added nut butters.)

1. In a small saucepan placed over very low heat, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring often until smooth.

2. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into the bottom of one cube in an ice cube tray. It should make a rather thin layer of chocolate.

3. Put about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on top of the chocolate.

4. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate over the peanut butter.

5. Repeat until the chocolate is all used up. Freeze.

Makes about 17 cubes.

Approximate Nutrition per cube: 1.17 g. carbohydrates; 2.74 g. fat; 1.3 g. protein; .33 g. fiber; 9.15 calories. (I recommend you do your own calculations based on your ingredients and the size of your ice cube tray.)


No comments