Keto Sloppy Joes Recipe (Low Carb, Paleo, Diabetic, Gluten Free)

Low carb, Paleo, Diabetic, Gluten Free Sloppy Joes
Every mom needs a good, homemade sloppy Joe recipe. The canned stuff is inferior in both flavor and nutrition (not to mention it's full of questionable ingredients), but homemade sloppy Joes are a quick and easy meal. Back in 2012, I posted my recipe for crock pot sloppy Joes, but when I went keto in order to reverse my diabetes, I had to modify that recipe. So without further ado, here's how I make sloppy Joes that are low carb, keto, Paleo, and gluten-free.

 https://sites.google.com/site/proverbs31womanprintables/home/keto-sloppy-joe-recipe-1Keto Sloppy Joe Recipe


about 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (I use 80% lean)
2 - 3 celery stalks, sliced thin
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup low or no sugar ketchup
keto buns (optional)*


1. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet.

2. Add the celery, bell pepper, and onion and saute until the veggies are tender.

3. Add the red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup, stirring well to combine. Warm for a minute or two.

Serve on keto buns, if desired. (*Tthe Internet is full of recipes for keto-friendly bread and hamburger buns; here is one I have tried and liked.) I prefer to eat these sloppy Joes without any bread. For my carbavore kids, I serve with regular hamburger buns.

Crock Pot Version:

1. Place all the ingredients in the crockpot. Add 1/4 cup of water.  Stir to combine.

2. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.







Makes about 6 servings. Estimated nutrition, according to LoseIt: 254 calories; 21 g. protein; 7.6 g. carbs; .61 g. fiber; 13.6 g. fat. (Bear in mind that your nutrition information may vary depending upon the catsup you use. If you choose to eat bread along with the filling, you'll have to add that to your carb count, also.)





No comments