|The plum trees are blooming!|
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. Please see FCC disclosure for full information. Thank you for supporting this site!
* The plums and pear tree are blooming, and I have winter sowed tomato seedlings popping up! It's spring, my friends, and I am soooooo glad! Is my garden bed ready yet? No, not quite. But the trees are down, and my hubby is working hard on cutting and stacking all that lovely wood for next winter's use. I'm sure I won't have the garden of my dreams this year, but if there's one thing I've learned about homesteading - really, life in general - it's that baby steps, rather than giant leaps, usually work out better in the end.
* Three months ago, my doctor diagnosed me as a type II diabetic, with blood sugar so high I should be on insulin. Thankfully, my doctor also told me to go on a keto diet, and gave me three months to turn my health around...and I did! According to my most recent blood test, I have totally reversed my diabetes! There is no cure for diabetes; if I eat too many carbs, my blood sugar will go up and I will suffer the awful consequences of this disease. BUT if I continue to eat the way I have been (low carb, high fat, moderate protein), I will not suffer the consequence of diabetes - and that's a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, wonderful thing! You can bet I'll be blogging more about this, but in the meantime, just know that all diabetics (type I and type II) benefit from a therapeutic keto diet and eventually can either come off their medication, or reduce their dependence upon it.
|Plant cell photo taken through My First Lab Duo-Scope.|
* My 11 yr. old took this photo (left) of a plant cell. Both kids adore their microscope. I spent years looking for a reasonably priced one that would actually work, and ended up buying a My First Lab Duo-Scope. I highly recommend it!
* Recall of Walmart's Marketside Pizza, due to listeria.
* Recall of beef due to E.coli.
* Recall of dog pig ears due to salmonella.
* Recall of Vulto Creamery cheese due to listeria.
* Did you know most sunscreens contain ingredients linked to skin cancer? Here's a great guide to choosing a natural sunscreen.
* Deep cleaning you can do in 60 minutes or less.
* Natural Homemade Cleaning Recipes.
* Colicky baby? Try an all natural, traditional, homemade gripe water.
* Why you should be eating lard.
* A simple way you can help end sex trafficking!
Oldies But Goodies:
* Oma's Old Fashioned Rhubarb Cake - so delicious!
* 14 Christ-Centered Easter Ideas
* Easiest Vegetables & Fruits to Grow.
* My #1 Housekeeping Tip