Early Spring Garden

My garden is beginning to perk up. It's still quite some time before our last threat of frost passes and I can plant things like tomatoes, but the garden is getting more productive every day, just the same. Here's what I found there this weekend:
Peas; you can also glimpse onions, lettuce, and spinach in the background.

Potatoes; this is my first year putting them in a grow bag. So far, they seem to love it!

A garden cart holding miscellaneous seedlings still in their winter sowing containers. Some of these I will still plant in the garden, but I've also been feeding some to the chicks.


Pansies growing on the shady porch; you can barely see the kohlrabi also planted in these pots.

Cucumbers ready to plant. The smaller seedlings in the container are borage; I threw those seeds into the container just last week.

Collards, nearly ready to begin harvesting. You can also see my soaker hose; I'm excited to use these throughout my entire garden this year.

The large, leafy plants to the left are cabbage I overwintered. Below them are various spring bulbs and other ornamentals.

I let our strongest, most productive, most ginormous Brussels sprout (it's taller than me!) go to flower so I can collect seeds from it.

The blueberry bushes are beginning to flower...

...and so are the columnar apples I bought this spring.

No comments