Some time back, I saw this dish in Martha Stewart's Everyday Food and knew it was something my family would love. I tried it for the first time on Thanksgiving; it was a big hit and now it's a staple in our house. We love everything about it: It's not only a tasty way to eat some veggies, but it's quick and easy to prepare.
What You Need:
3 slices bacon
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
20 oz. frozen lima beans (thawed)
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
Plate covered with paper towels
How to Do It:
1. Preheat the skillet over medium. Cut the 3 pieces of bacon in half, creating 6 shorter pieces of bacon.
2. Add the bacon to the preheated pan. Brown, then remove with tongs and allow to drain on the plate covered with paper towels.
3. Add the diced onion to the pan and cook until tender and translucent.
4. Add the lima beans and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Crumble the bacon and add it to the lima bean mixture. Add the red wine sherry. Stir to blend. Serve 4.