|Pilgrim cupcakes from TonyaStaab.com.|
* Put on a "First Thanksgiving" play or puppet show.
* Make a cootie catcher about Thanksgiving facts and myths.
* Print out and play with some free printable Thanksgiving paperdolls.(Here, too.)
* Make handprint Native Americans.
* Make harvest bookmarks.
* Cut out some Thanksgiving silhouettes to use as decorations.
* Create some cute pilgrim and Indian roll napkin rings.
|Handprint Native Americans from Handprint and Footprint Art.|
* Make some very simple pilgrim hats.
* Whip up some pilgrim cupcakes.
* Make a turkey with seeds and beans.
* Print some free children's placemats. (Here, too.)
* Make some pumpkin-like caramel apples.
* Create a paper chain of thanks. (Or use these paper chain printables for elegant napkin rings.)
* Make some tepee cupcakes.
* Print out a pilgrim praying journal and have the children write what they are thankful for in it.
* Make gratitude rolls - yummy buns with handwritten words of thanks in them.
|Tepee cupcakes from StiesThoughts.|
* Create a cute turkey basket for holding bread.
* Print out some Thanksgiving toys, including cute pilgrim and Indian "dolls."
* Read the free ebook "The Puritan Twins." (It's not politically correct, but it's an adventurous and fun way to learn about the pilgrims. These free paperdolls were designed to go with the book.)
Check out previous' years' posts for more great ideas!:
12 Thanksgiving Projects for Kids
Thanksgiving Cookie Ideas
Easy Thanksgiving Projects for Kids
Great Thanksgiving Picture Books
Listen to Adventures in Odyssey's Thanksgiving story on CD