Advent: Focusing on Him

Since Thanksgiving, I've been exhausted and sick with one ill child and one very grumpy child. I have a feeling I'll be simplifying this December.

But one thing we will not omit next month is an advent devotional. Thriving Family magazine has a simple and to-the-heart advent activity calender this year. If you don't receive the magazine (which is free, by the way), you can download the advent publication for free, right here. The devotional calendar takes minutes a day - and I know it will help my kids (and me!) focus on the true meaning of the Christmas season.

For those of you who are feeling more energetic, check out previous posts on advent. There are many simple ideas in these posts - as well as more elaborate ones:

 Advent Activities for Kids
 Advent Begins!
Activities to Go With Popular Christmas Books

No comments