Weekend Links

* I'm opening with this link about mothering in the Internet age because I love, love, love it!

* Not one but TWO baby food recalls: Heinz chicken with broth recalled due to bad seals which could result in dangerously spoiled food - and Beach Nut baby food due to the possibility of glass in jars.

* "In a new study done over ten years and sampling 60,000 women, it was shown that women who drink two or more diet drinks a day have much higher cardiovascular disease rates and are more likely to die from the disease."

* THIS is the ultimate rhubarb recipe! A perfect blend of tart and sweet. Gonna make it for Mother's Day.

* QUICK TIP: When making a graham cracker crust, you don't need to mix the crumbs, sugar, and butter in a separate bowl. Just dump them into the pie plate, stir to blend, then press into place. One less bowl to wash is always a good thing!

* File away under things you never thought were possible: Your backyard hen could transform into a rooster!

* Cute ideas for upcycling used cribs.


X

1 comment

  1. Wow. I never considered parenting before versus after internet. I had internet when my first were born in 2003 and 2004, but I don't recall any social media things like fb or pinterest. I remember when myspace came out, but I was never a part of that.
    I had fb for about a year. In that time, I loved "showing off" my kids. What parent doesn't?! Lol At the same time, I was always so nervous about what someone MIGHT say about my kids that was negative. Sadly, that did happen once when I posted a pic of my kids playing in the snow. Our girls wear dresses. An aunt said, "I feel so sorry for these kids." That was her ONLY comment!!!! She can't see the layers and layers of stuff we put on under those dresses to make sure our kids were well taken care of.
    I ended up cancelling fb last fall after realizing how much time I let it suck up. I'm so glad I did. I no longer feel the need to compare or compete. I shouldn't have anyway! But i am human. I do feel like more of a "failure" as a parent with my youngest two kids, born 2007 and 2009. I don't know if it's all the "in your face" things out there for me to see now or the fact that I'm outnumbered more. :)

    ReplyDelete