Weekend Links

In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page.

* A college degree ain't what it used to be. And a degree from an expensive college? Even less so, as this article (which looks at how much graduates earn 10 years after earning their degree) shows.

* If you've been thinking about joining Swagbucks in order to earn money from web searches, surveys, games, and the like, now is a great time to do so! If you follow this link and sign up before December 31, you'll get 300 points ("Swagbucks" - enough for a $3 Amazon gift card) to get you started. Swagbucks has been a real blessing for my family. For example, it paid for most of our school supplies and paid for half my children's Christmas gifts this year!

* I believe MANY Americans have auto immune diseases and don't even know it. Here's an interesting story of how one man conquered his autoimmune disorder by changing his diet.

* I really like this idea: Canning a medicinal jelly to add to hot water as comfort when you have a cold. It would make a good gift, too!

* A Christmasy must-have around here are my homemade cinnamon rolls. Such a yummy recipe - and easy, too!

* I used to be a total control freak in the kitchen with my kids; the Christmas cookies had to be "just so." I'm so glad I finally got over that, because now my kids decorate cookies that look like this...and I get a lot more laughs.


This one's having a tough day.
My favorite because it's both amusing and precious: "Look, Mom! It's Jesus on the cross!"
*  Update on our move: Progress is discouragingly slow. We are bartering with our contractor-neighbor to do some repairs - which is a real blessing from God. But he's very busy and can only do the work now and then. My hubby's jobs are also painfully slow. All I can do is pack and clean. I am packing, but not super quickly because...well, what's the point if we're going this slow? And the cleaning? With my messy kids, I need to do that right before we paint or move out. Please pray for us that we can get this DONE as soon as possible. If we can, we may be able to move into an actual house, instead of our tiny house motor home...



1 comment

  1. LOL Love those cookies! I know what you mean, though. I was always soooo picky. My kids weren't having fun, and I was a big ball of stress. It's much more fun when you learn that only Pinterest moms have perfect cookies. Haha

    We have just decided to put our house on the market so we can pay off debts that have accrued over the last several years of raising 4 kids with such inflation going on. It's scary but exciting in ways. I sure dread all the work we're about to have to do so that people can come in and look at the house. We've spent the last almost 11 years here. It's "home." But ditching the stress of debt will be much better than any material home, especially considering my husband's meter reading job ends this year thanks to companies going digital.

    PS - The kids and I loved the melted snowman cookies! We haven't made them yet, but we hope to. :)

    ReplyDelete