Weekend Links

In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page. (A little longer than usual, since I skipped sharing links last weekend.)

* UPDATE ON MY EYE: It took a full week, but now my eye feels totally normal. It was a bit spooky that it was stinging and growing tired very quickly, but I'm thanking God it healed quickly and didn't develop an infection!

* QUESTION: If you could improve the Proverbs 31 Woman blog in one way, what would it be? I value your honest opinion!

* Delayed Kindergarten enrollment reduces ADHD in children.

* Why do I never find stuff like a hidden, complete Victorian kitchen?? Oh yeah; because I don't own an old mansion :)

* If you've had some hard frosts or snow, but there is no snow currently on the ground, it's a great time to start looking for dandelion leaves to eat. They are a super food! Pick them before they stem or flower and cook them like a green.

* Want to loose weight this year? Consider probiotics. (And remember that fermented food has way more probiotics than even the best pill!)

* Campbell's announces they now support Federal laws for GMO labeling. They will also disclose GMO ingredients in their products.

* Hershey drops sugar from beets, due to customers' GMO concerns.

* Scientists have known for quite a while that cholesterol in food does not raise cholesterol in the body. But now this information is starting to go mainstream.

* USDA Revokes Grass Fed Label Standard. 

* A new study says vegetarians aren't saving the planet. "Foods like fruits, vegetables, dairy products and seafood require high resource use and greenhouse gas (GHG) per calorie — even more so than meat. This finding directly contrasts with the ideas promoted by many 'green' organizations like Down to Earth Organic and Natural, which urges Americans to consider adopting a vegetarian diet to save the earth."

* Looking to start a veggie garden this year, but need a little help starting things from seed? Please consider my ebook Starting Seeds. It's just 99 cents (!), offers up clear directions for all the ways to start seeds, and you can read it on your computer, kindle or other device!

* I recently ran into this site for "reviewing the science and history" behind herbs. Looks like a good resource!

* Have you ever thought about selling your homemade goods - like jams or breads? Here's a great site that keeps users up to date on your state's "cottage food" laws!

* Looking for some Valentine's Day ideas? Check out my Valentine's Pinterest board, which includes Christian ideas I think you'll like!

* If you love to read, or you want to understand the realities of being an author, this is a must read.


4 comments

  1. The only thing I have ever wished was different is that links would open up as a new page instead of replacing the current page. For instance, on weekend links I have to go back and forth individually from your blog to links I follow from your blog instead of being able to click on a link and it open as a new tab. Hope that makes sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback, Staci. The reason I don't have the links open in a new page is that many people have pop up and other blocking software that would then make the links not work. May I suggest right clicking the links to open a new tab in your browser?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm. Well that's definitely something to think about. I have software like that but it has never prevented me from opening links that I click on. It does block pop-up ads from opening on pages that I do click to go to, though. I will try the right clicking! Never knew that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the weekend links, good info!

    ReplyDelete