Weekend Links

In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page.

* UPDATE on our move: I have been cleaning and painting like a mad woman, and my hubby is nearly done with repairs. (He even did some painting, which is something of a miracle.) This thing is starting to feel real!


* How the New Preschool is Crushing Kids. (Preschool is sooooo easy to do at home. Please consider it. (For more on homeschool preschool.)

* Have We Forgotten How to Be Mommies?

* School ADD Isn't Homeschool ADD.

* Making Your Kids Play Organized Sports Could Cost Them Their Creativity. 

* Using God's Word to Correct in Your Family.

* Car seat recall.

* Trader Joe's Cashews recalled.

* I've been cleaning a lot of ceilings and walls in prep for painting and selling this house. I always recommend you use a mop for this - so much easier than using a hand sponge! But a Magic Eraser mop head is even more FANTABULOUS! In most cases, you don't need to use soap; just dampen the mop head and GO! Such a time saver. More here.

1 comment

  1. Loved the article on forgetting how to be mommies. I needed that. While our family still ALWAYS has supper together and we don't even own a television, regular bedtimes have went out the window. I have been realizing how not using our schedule that I made at the beginning of our school year is creating chaos. And parenting and homeschooling is tiring, so after supper the kids become argumentative with one another or too wild in their play and we sit down and watch a Netflix video. Of course, this is more so in the winter months. During the summer it is play outside until forced to come in and shower! Lol Anyway, there are definitely areas that I could work on in our home to help my family!!!

    ReplyDelete