Weekend Links & Updates

Meet Loki - the cat who came with our house :)
In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page.


"I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life."
Psalm 119:93


* UPDATE on the well: We had to wait until this Wednesday, but the well guys finally started drilling! Thank you to those who prayed for the new well to have good, abundant water. Both the well guys and my hubby witched the location (I tried, but alas, I cannot water witch at all), and yesterday, after drilling, the well guys said there would be plenty of water in the new well - in fact, more than the original well ever had! So we are praising God for once again taking care of our needs.

Diurnal Tiger Moth in my garden. There are so many native bees, butterflies, and moths here!
* Recall expanded on flour products.

* Car seat recall.

* I didn't know you could avoid a bad reaction to poison ivy, oak, or sumac just by knowing how to wash it off.

* The yellow plums are all harvested. Now the prunes are on!



* Don't have fruit trees but want to harvest some fruit? Check out this website, which finds public areas where you can forage for fruit for free.

* Our electric company sent us an interesting flyer the other day, detailing how much it costs to use certain appliances and such. According to them, running a food dehydrator for 4 hours costs only 18 cents! I think we can now safely say dehydrating food at home is worth the electricity.


 * I love drinking my morning tea, reading my Bible, and seeing these regular visitors out my kitchen window.


Oldies But Goodies:

* 10 Was to Get Your Kids Playing Outside 
* An Introduction to Raising Rabbits for Meat 
* His Grace Is Revealed Through Parenting 
* Easy DIY Steak Fries 
* Getting Children to Listen During Devotions
 


No comments