Weekend Links

Courtesy of Walter Siegmund and Wikimedia Commons.
In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page.

* UPDATE: A day after I posted a prayer request for my dad, he was moved out of the ICU and into a regular hospital room. And now he's back home! Thank you for your prayers. On the same day Dad moved out of the ICU, our suburban home, whose closing had been pushed out three times, finally closed. Hallelujah!

* This blog isn't about politics, but I think this is important for all Christians to know: Recently, a great many news sites carried a story that claimed Dr. James Dobson said Trump recently became a Christian. I really wanted more details, so my in-laws and I headed over to Dr. Dobson's website; surely he'd talk more about this story, if it were true. Well, it turned out that widespread news story was carefully written to deceive. Dr. Dobson's post about Trump's Christianity makes it very clear Dobson has no personal knowledge of Trump's conversion. In fact, his post states that if Trump is a Christian, he "doesn’t have a clue about how believers think, talk and act." Upon further investigation, we learned that Trump's supposed conversion to Christianity happened many years ago. And yet, not long ago Trump said he didn't need forgiveness - something a Christian would never say, since our need for forgiveness is what Christianity is all about. You may also wish to read this article, which offers details about the woman who claims to have brought Trump to Christ (she's a prosperity preacher who's lead a dubious life). Long story short: Trump has not come to Christ. Be shrewd as serpents, friends! (Matt. 10:16)

* Looking for some fun last minute 4th of July ideas? Check out my Independence Day Pinterest board!  

* It seems every time I turn around, there's new scientific evidence linking some thing to autism...so I'm a little skeptical. Still, this MIT scientist's evidence linking autism to Round Up is pretty interesting.

* Do you flip your jelly jars over to seal them? If so, I encourage you to change your ways! Your jelly will be much safer to eat if you process it in a water bath canner for 10 minutes, easy peasy. And please, NEVER use the flip method for other canned goods! I once saw an episode of Cake Boss where they made tomato sauce and flipped the jars to seal them. It was the family tradition, but not at all safe. 

* Recall on Nature Made vitamins.

* A great article on how expectations ruin marriages (and every other relationship).

* I have a phobia about being in a sinking vehicle with the children. Here is what you really should do if it ever happens to you.

* Some advice on the best books for learning about herbalism.

* When thinking about medicinal plants, trees are often forgotten. Here's some medicinal information on one plentiful tree in the U.S.: Douglas Fir.

Oldies But Goodies:

* What I've Learned About Backyard Egg Production
* Why Paying It Forward Isn't Enough
* Super Easy Campfire Cake, perfect for summer!

1 comment

  1. So glad your dad is home! Wonderful to hear. :)
    We were supposed to close on the 1st on our new home we are purchasing, but it is a USDA loan so we could do 100% financing. Well, USDA is running 7 business days behind and then you are required to wait 3 more days after your file comes back from them before you can close. It's ridiculous! :( So our closing has been extended to the 8th, but if things go like they are now it will be more like the 12th. I feel so bad for the seller, but none of this is our fault. I'm just as impatient as she is! Lol
    Trump has no fruits AT ALL of being a Christian. My husband thinks he got in on purpose to shoe in Hillary. I dunno. I just don't know how I can vote for him with a clear conscious just to make sure the other doesn't get in. Blah.

    ReplyDelete