Midnight Ride Without Paul Revere - My New Children's Chapter Book!

In 2011, when my kids were madly reading through (or having me read) select titles in The Magic Treehouse series, I felt inspired to write a chapter book with a similar action-packed storyline, but a Christian world view. I loved every minute of writing the resulting book, which became A Day With the Dinosaurs. Initially, I wrote it just for my kids, but later I published the book and made it free for everyone. Kids read it and loved it - even some Sunday school teachers read it to their classes, who could hardly wait between Sundays to hear what happened next. Everyone was happy.

I fully intended to write more books with the same characters, but during those years, I grew increasingly ill with two autoimmune disease and other, more general health problems. But last summer, as I was planning my children's homeschool curriculum, I felt inspired to pick up those characters again, at last. The result was Midnight Ride Without Paul Revere. And again, I'm releasing the story to the public.

In this, the second Tilly's Time Machine book, Matt and Tilly risk another attempt at time travel and find themselves amid strangers who think they are Revolutionary War spies. Just when the friends think they might be in real trouble, a teenage girl named Sybil Luddington chooses to believe their loyalties lie not with the King of England, but with American revolutionaries. And Sybil trusts them enough to take them on a special mission - a mission that proves kids can change history.

Sybil Luddington was, by the way, a real person - a heroine of the War, though many people today have never heard of her.

As with A Day With the Dinosaurs, the back of this book features discussion questions, fun facts, and activities to go along with the story. The book is also lightly illustrated.

So whether your child just needs a fun book to read at the end of summer, or you want to use the book as part of your homeschool or after school curriculum, Midnight Ride Without Paul Revere is sure to fit the bill.

Normally, the book will be just 99 cents - but from August 19th through the 23rd, I'm offering it entirely FREE. And, of course, A Day With the Dinosaurs continues to be free, too. Enjoy!

Age range: about 7 - 11.
Grade range: about 1st - 5th.
Flesch-Kinkaid Reading Level: 3.2

P.S. Like the book? PLEASE take just a moment to leave a review on Amazon! This helps other people find the book, since Amazon buries any books with zero or little reviews. Even just one line counts as a review! Thank you.

No comments