|My daughter's pet rabbit, relaxing on her bed.|
In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."* Today, I have to call my Dad and tell him I'm sorry his birthday card won't arrive on time. Do you think he'll believe me when I tell him the puppy ate his card? Because it's true! He also ate or chewed up my cell phone charger cord, my old laptop's charger cord (my children were using it for some school projects), the television cable cord the previous owners left attached to the dining room wall, my new-to-me dining room chair rails, his bed (he now sleeps on old towels), a myriad of papers (including my notes for a new recipe I'm working on), and our living room wall. Yes, the wall. So you can see I spend a lot of time "parenting" the naughty dog.
I'm also spending an inordinate amount of time dealing with our mortgage company, which seems bent on making it difficult for us to re-build our pole barn. (The insurance company was legally bound to put our mortgage's company's name on our check...and now the mortgage co. gets to control the money.)
|Just another thing the puppy tried to destroy - a new recipe I'm working on.|
* Glyphosate (Round Up) found in many common foods. This is really not a surprise, once you learn how much Round Up is used in commercial farming. I would caution, though, that the group that did the testing is pretty radical; I look forward to other organizations doing their own testing. In the meantime, do your best to cut all processed foods from your diet. Buy from local farmers who you trust to be honest about their growing practices. Better yet: Grow as much of your own food as possible!
* A good introduction to use the use of herbal medicine.
* Simple ways to focus on thanks this Thanksgiving.
* Need some new and different - or classic! - pie recipes for Thanksgiving? Please consider my ebook or paperback Easy As Pie! I'm definitely making chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake pie! Sooooo yummy!
Oldies But Goodies:
* Getting Children to Listen During Devotions
* Teach Little Ones an Easy Way to Put on Their Own Jackets
* Thanksgiving Cookie Ideas
* Thanksgiving Games for Kids
* Make Ahead Thanksgiving Food Ideas