|I made spruce tip syrup last week.|
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. Please see FCC disclosure for full information. Thank you for supporting this site!
"For behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land."
Song of Solomon 2:11-12
* The pole barn is fully up, the weather is less wet, and we've re-started the process of moving in! It feels really good; I'm ready to make this house a home! But projects are pressing us at every side. The greenhouse still isn't repaired (hurricane force winds blew off the roof) and my seedlings are suffering (especially the tomatoes), the garden spot still needs to be prepared, fallen trees need cutting up so they can cure for next winter's firewood, vehicles require repair...the list is long.
* 25 outdoor entertaining tips...cuz summer is coming!
|Our old apple tree started blooming on Easter.|
* How to raise innocent kids who are worldly wise.
* How to clean your home's air vents.
* Store bought cream of...soup is so, so bad for you. Here's a great recipe for quickly making your own, healthier homemade version.
* Questions to ask before buying a homestead.
* Spring is an excellent time to learn to forage for wild food - or to expand your foraging
|The wild berries are starting!|
|Even some bolted lettuce provides beauty, here on the homestead.|
Oldies But Goodies:
* Making Dandelion Jelly (it tastes like honey!)
* How to Make a Quiet Felt Book for small children
* Starting a Garden from Scratch