This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. Please see FCC disclosure for full information. Thank you for supporting this site!
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
* To paraphrase a blog title, fats make your pants fall off...and turn your shirts into tents, too! When I started the keto lifestyle just before Christmas, I couldn't button up this shirt. I'm a little bummed that certain weird foods are spiking my blood sugar; I'm a lot sicker than even I realized. But I'm SO happy with the keto lifestyle. My blood sugar is still a thousand times better, and I feel a thousand times more energetic, too. Plus...shirt tents. (Check out a recent newspaper article on why eating fat helps you lose weight.)
* The previous owners of our homestead left behind all kinds of junk. Piles, and piles, and PILES of it. We are using what we can, sorting out scrap metal, and will spend thousands hauling the rest to the landfill. One of the things they seem to have collected were broken tools, including rakes with broken or missing handles. Last week, I had hubby turn some of them into the BEST garden tool organizers. They are totally practical but also look like they've been there a 100 years. (Hubby wants me to tell you that normally he'd have everything lined up perfectly like the type A he is, but he knew I wanted the old, imperfect look...so he gave it to m.)
* I have an article on growing and using figs in the summer issue of Self-Reliance magazine. It includes my super yummy homemade "fig newton" recipe! Grab a copy of the issue - or better yet get a subscription of this terrific homesteading magazine - right here.
* Graco car seat recall.
* Tuna recall due to hepatitis.
* Recall on Kroger's macadamia nuts, due to listeria.
* Hot dog recall due to metal shards.
* How 36 million pounds of soybeans treated with pesticides became "organic."
* Make your own organic, liquid fertilizer with compost or manure: A video from my YouTube channel.
* Chicken coop mistakes that will cost you.
* Tips from Christian author Tricia Goyer on teaching kids to give generously.
* Think you know what drowning looks like? Then you better read this.
* Lots of free homesteading ebooks!
* How to homestead even if you live in an apartment.
* Lacto-fermented garlic scape pickles.
Oldies But Goodies:
* Activities to go along with the Little House on the Prairie books.
* Canning Strawberry Rhubarb pie filling.
* How to Make Brownies FROM SCRATCH.