This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. Please see FCC disclosure for full information. Thank you for supporting this site!
"We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one."
1 John 5:19
* I am now over 40 lbs. lighter than I was in December, when I was diagnosed with type II diabetes and went on a keto diet. I can't even tell you how amazing that is, because I was at the point where I felt I'd tried everything (including low carb diets) to lose weight, and NOTHING worked. I'd really given up. I'm so thankful to my doctor for suggesting keto! Anyway, lots of people were asking me for an updated photo, so I had my 11 year old take some a few days ago. I've updated all my bio pics (I think). To see it, look in the left hand column. <--- br=""> --->
<--- br="">* You know the old saying "God works in mysterious ways?" It's so true. This spring, I was not happy I didn't have a big garden ready to go, but it was really a blessing in disguise. I've had a lot of trouble growing anything here, the climate is so different from what I'm used to. And everything I read about the region, and was told by other gardeners in these parts hasn't been true for me, either. For example, I thought cold weather crops would be no problem at all - things like kale, broccoli, and lettuce. But almost every single cool season plant bolted (went to seed) before I got a crop from it. Even growing an easy plant like zucchini is a bit of a challenge. I have two plants: One inside the greenhouse and one outside. The outside zucchini is still tiny. The inside zucchini is much bigger, but struggling already with powdery mildew. (I'm treating it with milk; see how that's done by clicking here.)
* Every parent needs to read this...right now. How pedophiles and sex traffickers "groom" children to trust them...even more than they trust their parents.
* Salmon tested positive for cocaine, anti-depressants, and more.
* And another reason I'm avoiding seafood. (Radioactive material.)
* Stuff everyone should know about Lyme disease...but doesn't. You might even have to educate your doctor.
* Old school "fidget spinners." More fun because you make them yourself.
* Got a lot of zucchini already? Try fermenting some zucchini pickles!
* Planning on watching the solar eclipse? NASA says to be very careful what eclipse-safe glasses you purchase. Some are fakes and may permanently damage eyes.
Oldies But Goodies:
* How to Tell When Figs are Ripe (video)
* The Ins and Outs of Homesteading with Kids
* Canning Dilly Beans (Pickled Green Beans)