|Join me on Instagram!|
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. Please see FCC disclosure for full information. Thank you for supporting this site!
"We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat. And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good."
2 Thes. 3:11-14
* I'll admit, I'm struggling with my schedule these days. I am homeschooling, homesteading (though it's a "quieter" season), home keeping, working part time as a freelance writer, and rehearsing for the role of Miss Hannigan in a community theatre production of Annie. This blog is a labor of love and I promise, I haven't forgotten it - or you!
* In other news, I've been eating keto for about a year now. 45 lbs. gone, blood sugar in the normal range, normal cholesterol, normal blood pressure, and feeling better and healthier than ever!
* Everything You Know About Cholesterol is Probably Wrong. "The best way to thwart those LDL particles, Krauss says, is not by avoiding saturated fats, as we’ve long assumed. Saturated fats don’t affect the LDL particles, but sugar and carbohydrates do. 'Taking away eggs and milk has virtually no effect on the bad guys,' says Krauss. 'But you can make a really big improvement if you cut the sugar out.'"
* My kids got sick right before Christmas. As soon as they did, I started taking my vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper anti-cold and flu remedy. Worked like a charm!
* Did you get a veggie spiralizer for Christmas? (I got this one, and love it!) Here are some tips on meal prepping with one. (Hint: You can also dehydrate spiralized veggies in "nests" if you want longer term storage.)
* Stuffed Mega Meatballs recipe. My family loves this! You could really use any meatball recipe you like, but do be sure to stuff it with cheese. (Keto/Low carb hint: You don't need flour, pork rinds, oatmeal, eggs, or any other filler to make fantastic meatballs! Just leave those ingredients out.)
* I love my Instant Pot, but...Why you should never put thickener in food before you pressure cook it.
* Did you know you can start seeds RIGHT NOW and end up with heartier, more productive plants?
* 7 Ways to Improve Soil Quality for your best garden yet!
Oldies But Goodies: