Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Gluten Free, Low Carb, Keto)

Gluten Free, Keto, Low Carb recipe for pumpkin pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All opinions are my own. Please see FCC disclosure for full information. Thank you for your support!

Yesterday I was craving pumpkin pie, but I didn't have a lot time, and didn't want the fuss of making a crust - and, frankly, didn't want all the carbs of a crust...not even the few carbs found in a keto crust made with almond or coconut flour.

So, I whipped up crustless pumpkin pie. No lie, it took me less than 5 minutes to get into the oven!

And while you might be tempted to think this is just a quickie recipe used only to quench cravings, I assure you it's also company-appropriate! I've brought this pie to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for several years now and it's always a hit. It truly does taste like "the real thing," minus the carby crust (and tons of sugar).

And since I like to make things from scratch whenever possible, I've included my DIY pumpkin pie spice recipe, and my recipes for regular whipped cream from scratch, "Cool Whip" style whipped cream (have you ever looked at the ingredients in Cool Whip? Yikes!!!), and stabilized whipped cream, which is suitable for piping (if you want to get a little fancy). Again, all these recipes are super easy and can be created in minutes.

https://sites.google.com/site/proverbs31womanprintables/crustless-pumpkin-pie-recipeCrustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe

butter
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling; I think Libby's has the best flavor)
1 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup sweetener (I used Lakanto)*
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (see recipe, below)
whipped cream (see instructions for making it, below)




1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. If you don't have pumpkin spice blend on hand, whip some up now, using the recipe below.

3. Generously butter the bottom and sides of a 10-inch glass pie plate. Set aside.

4. Dump all the ingredients (except the whipped cream) into a medium bowl and stir with a large fork until the ingredients are completely incorporated and there are no lumps. Be sure to tilt the bowl and scrape its bottom, since pumpkin puree likes to sit there, unincorporated with the rest of the ingredients.

5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate and bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out nearly clean.

6. Remove the pie from the oven and place on a wire rack to completely cool. I think the pie tastes best if you let it sit, covered, in the fridge overnight before serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream (see recipe below).

* I've been keto for almost three years now, so this amount of sweetener really tastes a little too sweet to me. I use less when baking for myself. But if you're baking for people who aren't keto or haven't been keto for very long, they will find this amount of sweetener very good, indeed.



<

DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Be sure to measure out 2 teaspoons of the spice blend for this recipe, because it will make slightly more than needed. (I usually triple this recipe and store it in an old spice jar for future fall baking.)


No Nasty Ingredients Whipped Cream Recipe

1. Place 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into the bowl of an electric mixer. (A stand mixer makes this job easier, but a hand mixer works, too.)

2. Beat the cream on the mixer's highest speed until it begins to look thick. Add a little sweetener, beat, and taste. Keep adding sweetener and tasting until you're satisfied it is sweet enough. (I don't like whipped cream very sweet; I used about 1/8 cup or less of Lakanto.)

3. Continue beating until stiff peaks form. It will take a few minutes.

"Cool Whip" option: Add 4 oz. of softened cream cheese before adding sweetener.

Stabilized Whip Cream option: Add 1 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin before adding sweetener. (I use Great Lakes gelatin.)





    No comments