God's Encouragement and COVID-19

God's Encouragement and COVID-19
I've received emails and messages from some of you - which I love under all circumstances - but which have been focused on how some of you are feeling about current world events. I've certainly touched upon this issue on the blog, hoping to give you feelings of peace amid the craziness, but I thought today was a perfect day to send out some additional encouragement.

There is some encouraging news, if you look hard enough. (Like this article.) But if we pin our hopes on the world, we will always be disappointed. I am sure that most of you know that

God is still in control!

But sometimes we need some gentle reminders. Now is an ideal time to immerse yourself in the Word of God. Try using these quotes as a launchpad:

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and sound judgment."  
2 Timothy 1:7

"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:8 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4: 6-7 

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."
1 Peter 5:6-10

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10  

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me." 
John 14:1 

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." 
Romans 8:38 

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27 

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." 
John 16:33 


P.S. If these kids can do it, so can you! :)

 

No comments