|Spring on the homestead.|
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. Please see FCC disclosure for full information. Thank you for supporting this site!
"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety."
* I'm getting a hysterectomy for Mother's Day. Thankfully, I can chuckle about this! I'm not looking forward to the surgery, or to the recovery time, but I am looking forward to (Lord, willing) feeling better once I'm recovered. By the way, an awful lot of people think a hysterectomy is "no big deal." Mmmm...not really. It's a major surgery, with the removal of major organs, and recovery time varies considerably depending upon how the surgery was done (there are three basic methods, depending upon the health issues being addressed). So I'm prepping as best I can for the six week-ish recovery my doctor says I'll need, knowing t will likely take even longer to feel myself again.
|The first line-dried laundry of the year!|
|First time using my canning kitchen.|
One area where I've been a bit more successful is making freezer meals for my family, so I don't feel the need to cook for a couple of weeks after my surgery. I don't normally do a lot of freezer meals, so it's been interesting to try to think of simple meals my family likes and that are so easy to reheat my kids can do it.
|You might be a redneck if...your new raised bed is an old bathtub you found in the bushes.|
* Amazon is barring a Christian organization from using its Smile program, yet allows other questionable groups to use it. My livelihood comes primarily from Amazon, so I am particularly disturbed about this. PLEASE take a moment to write to Amazon, complaining, and please consider ending your Prime subscription if Amazon doesn't amend this situation.
|Using frozen tomatoes for salsa.|
* Recall on ground beef.
* Recall on fresh oysters.
* Recall on detox tea.
* An interesting article on how changing your diet can be a spiritual move. I think there's a lot of truth to this.
* Growing figs. By me, for Self-Reliance magazine.
* A clever way to freeze eggs.
* Tips for purchasing the best parental control router.
* "Is curing patients a sustainable business model?" I have learned the hard way that pharmaceuticals and even health organizations you might trust believe the answer is NO.
Oldies But Goodies:
* How to Kill E.coli on Vegetables and Fruits
* Eating Dandelion Flowers
* Use up your garlic scapes with these great recipes!
* Got rhubarb? Here's what to do with it.